At the airport:
•buy prepaid mobile data USIM
(7~10 days unlmited data will be enough)
 E-2 Medical Check
All E-2 visa holders and foreign ESL teachers are required to do a medical check which includes drug test. This medical check can be done only at the medical institutions authorized by Ministry of Justice.
Your employer will be given a list of the government-authorized clinics/hospitals where you can do this medical check. Your employer will help you with the process.
The medical check result will be in a sealed envelope. The envelope must remain sealed until it is submitted to Immigration / Education Office.
•Cost: 70,000 ~ 100,000 won
•What to Prepare: 2~3 standard photos
→ It can take 1 to 7 days to get the result
→ This medical check includes urine examination and blood collection.
If you are a first-time teacher who needs to apply for ARC, you will need TWO COPIES of the result: one copy will be submitted to Immigration when you apply for your ARC, and the other copy will be needed for the local education office registration later.
 ARC(Alien Registration Card) Application at Immigration
Now, you will need to visit the Immigration Office in your district to apply for your ARC. ARC is your Korean ID card.
Many immigration offices(eg. Seoul Immigration) require that visitors make a reservation online for ARC application:
[Documents List for ARC Application]
Bring the followings with you on the ARC appointment day:
(1) Your passport (Original)
(2) A copy of your passport’s first page (personal information page)
(3) One standard photo of yours (3.5 x 4.5cm, white background) ← Both ears must be seen; no accessories allowed
(4) Your E-2 medical check result (must be a Sealed One)
(5) Fee 30,000 won
(6) ARC Application form ← The Immigration office has it.
(7) A copy of the business registration form
(8) A copy of the director’s ID (both the front side & back side)
(9) The lease agreement (original)
(10) Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation
※ (7)~(10) will be prepared and given to you by your employer.
 Certificate of Alien Registration
Getting an ARC takes about 2-3 weeks, but you will need your ARC as soon as you begin to live and work in Korea.
You will need your ARC when:
1) your employer(director) register you for the local education office
2) your employer(director) register you for National Pension & Health Insurance
3) you open a bank account
4) you set up a phone plan
While waiting for your ARC, please get 'Certificate of Alien Registration' for the activities listed above. It is a document equivalent to an ARC. You can get this document at the immigration office, or at a community centre near your place(bring your passport and 2,000 won).
Recruitment License No.: 2019-3960128-14-5-00006
(Ilsan East District Office / Ministry of Employment and Labor, South Korea)
Business Registration No.: 156-21-00405
Address: #301-1, Janghang-dong 733, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea